- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of milk (the original calls for almond, but regular is fine)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Topping recommendations: almonds, pepita seeds, cinnamon, toasted coconut, nut butter, ginger, dried cranberries, etc
The night before:
- Take a medium bowl and mash the banana until smooth.
- Stir in the chia, oats, cinnamon, milk, and water until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning:
- Scoop the oat mixture into a medium pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat immediately to medium-low, and stir frequently until heated throughout and thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the oats into a bowl, add whatever topics you like, and eat.
Recipe from Ohsheglows.com.